Friday, June 14, 2013

2nd P-day

Hello family!

How are all of you? Thanks so much for the pakcage. It was so great to get it and I love the headband you guys made. So cute. Savannah's little bear card she made--awesome! 

Wow. This week--so many things to say. I don't even know where to begin. It's been a long week. Time is so weird at the MTC. All the days feel SO long but then days still kinda go by quickly. I don't know? Anyway, it's been a good week. Lots of growth in the gospel. 

How was girls camp, Savannah? Hope you had fun. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm praying for you all everyday. Happy Father's Day Dad! Hope you have a great day! Sorry I'm not there to give you a GIANT hug. And Happy Birthday, Mom! I would also give you a HUGE hug if I was there. I love you both so much and am so grateful for the great parents and examples that you are to me.

We fly out Tuesday!!!! At 4:30 am. Well, we leave the MTC at 4:30. I think I might get to call you. I bought a phone card today. It will probably be early Tuesday morning. I think before we fly out from Salt Lake so maybe around 7ish. Anyway, just be awake so that I can talk to you! Sunday was good but it felt so weird. We had Sacrament Meeting with just our zone so it was a small meeting at seven thirty in the morning. Then Relief Society was with all of the sisters. SO MANY SISTERS! It's incredible. On Sunday I got to spend some time on the computer doing Missionary Portal stuff and I got done early so I got to watch Mormon Messages. I love Mormon Messages so much! They are my favorite thing. You should look up the one with Henry B. Eyring speaking. The three different family situations. It's so good. I'm sure you've seen it before but you should watch it again.

We've had some really good devotionals. I'm just so excited to get out there and share the gospel with everyone. It really is for everyone. It's so important that we look at people for what they can become and not how they are now. We are talking about salvation here! It's just incredible. We're not even just talking about one person coming unto Christ but it can affect generations--it affects FOREVER. The gospel is just so good. I love it so much. 

We were having a Zione meeting the other day. It was so good. Anyway, I was paired up with an Elder Bailey from the other district, also going to Seattle. (Guess what, Joe? It's Thurl Bailey's nephew. I thought you would think tha'ts cool.) Anyway we had watched part of Elder Holland's talk about Christ talking to Peter. I don't remember for sure when it was given but it was pretty reecently. You guys should watch that for FHE or something. So amazing. Anyway then our teacher Brother Rasmussen told us that we were supposed to talk to the person we were with and one of us was supposed to be Christ and the other was supposed to be Peter. It sounds weird and it kinda was. But after we did that one of us was supposed to be a person we really admire and look up to who is strong in the church. They were supposed to have fallen away and the other person was supposedd to be Chirst talking to them. I was Grandma Higginson and Elder Bailey was Chirst. It was weird playing Grandma as someone falling away. It sounds so weird but it was so amazing. It was such a spirital experience. It made me realize how personal with Christ our relationship is. Or at least should be. He's overcome everything for us and he never gets annoyed at us when we make mistakes. He has a perfect love. The Atonement is just the best thing ever. I'm so grateful for it. I can't believe that Christ would love us enough to go through that and that God would love us enough to let His perfect son go through that so that we could have the opportunity to return to Him again some day.

The Atonement really is incredible. We can change because of it. It really is enabling. I think i might have mentioned last week but I feel myself being enabled and changing for the better. I have such a love for my investigators that I'm working with here who aren't even real. I have such a love for my companions. Everyone thinks I'm just this happyy, positive, girl. Seriously people are telling me that I'm the most positive person they've ever met. Um, what? I feel like Savannah or something. But I know it's because of the Atonement and because I'm coming closer to Christ that I am changing to be a better person. I feel so happy. All the time. I love this gospel so much!!!!!!

I love you all so much.
Sorry again for all of the randomness. I feel like this is probably a crazy email but I hope it makes sense.
Love you! Choose the right.
Love, Sister White

No comments:

Post a Comment