Friday, June 7, 2013

First P-day in the MTC

Dear Family,

Hello! How are all of you? How is Joe's knee doing? Any news? My P days are on Friday while I'm at the MTC. It's been really great so far! They keep us really busy. But it's really good. I can't believe I've only been here for three days. It feels like it's been longer than that. Yesterday was such a long day. But a good long day. So many spiritual experiences. I've felt the Spirit confirm to me so many times in the last few days that this is what I'm supposed to be doing. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I've felt so much happiness. Everyone just seems so happy here. I've seen so many people I know. There's lots of Lone Peak kids. Everywhere. I've seen Sister Manwaring a lot too. It's taking some getting used to calling everybody Sister and Elder.

I have two companions. We're in a trio. One is named Sister Batton. She's from California and is 22. The other, Sister Goble, is from Utah and she's 19. They're both going to Seattle as well. There are two other sisters in our dorm that are going to Seattle and two elders from our district going to Seattle. The other four elders are going to St. Louis, Missouri. I love my district so much. Oh my. Everyone brings so many different strengths. It's interesting having a trio to work with. The other sisters are definitely more outspoken than I am but I think we balance each other out pretty well. They are both good sisters and I feel very blessed because I know Christ is helping me to love them. I don't mean that it's a challenge to love them, I just mean that I feel such a great love for them even though I don't know them very well. Love is a thing I've been focusing on a lot. During one of my personal study times I focused on attributes of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and one of the things that really stuck out to me and kept coming up was LOVE. He loves us so much. He has such a perfect love and it's been so amazing to feel the love that they have for me and for all of these missionaries that I'm serving with. We've focused a lot too on how we have to love our investigators so much. We have to have a Christlike love for them before we meet them.

There are so mnay missionaries everywhere! Over 900 missionaries came in the day that I came in. That's the most they've had yet. We've done some role playing but it was with a big group. We have our first appointment with our progressing investigator tomorrow. I'm a little nervous for it but I'm trying to change that attitude. It's not me who does the teaching it's the Spriit. So I know that if I've planned well and have the Spriit with me and pray to have it touch our investigator that deverything will be ok. My teachers are so great. I really like them. They have such strong testimonies.

The first day that I got here I missed meeting my district so I dodn't get to meet up with my companions until later that day. The food is alright. Breakfast is by far the best but none of the food is really great. I've been spoiled with Mom's delicious cooking abilities. I love you all so much. I feel like I have so much more to say but I'm running out of time. Just know that I'm doing so well. I love being a missionary. There's a strenght and purpose that comes from it. Love you! Choose the right.

If you're ever down in Provo you can go to the post office in BYU in the Wilk and send packages to the MTC for one dollar so that's nice. I'd love to get a package, but also send letters! Thanks for your letter. I like using Dear Elder becuase then I can get it that day. Have the kids do that. I miss them. I wish I could hear Savannah sing. That is one of my favorite hymns. I'm sure it will be beautiful. I have seen Elder Judd. Every day so far actually. Yesterday I saw him three times I think. It's funny. Some of the kids from Lone Peak that I never would speak to in the hall when I was there--we end up saying hi and visiting for a sec. That sentence was worded weird, sorry. Anyway, I just think it's really comforting to see a familiar face. I'm not sure if I get to call at the airport or not. I asked around but no one is certain.

There are at least thirteen sisters going to Seattle and seven elders that I know of. So many going. I learned something though, apparently I could still be sent to Federal Way. they haven't opened up the mission yet so it's opening july 1. They're taking some missionaries from Seattle and Tacoma to make the Federal Way mission. When I first heard this I was so sad. I REALLY want to serve in Seattle. So badly. But I've been praying and will continue to pray that I will have a good attitude about it. Either way everything will be fine. its' about the people so that's what important. I've just been so set on Seattle so I think that's why it freaked me out a little bit. 

We went to the temple today. It was really great. I just missed you, Mom, because I've never gone to the temple without you since receiving my endowments. We had a really great lesson earlier about the Doctrine of Christ. I still need to study it out. But we focused a lot on the Atonement and it was so great. I feel like I learned so much more about it. It's truly amazing. This gospel is amazing. Sorry I missed you. We'll have to try and figure it out next week. I might be able to get on one more time later today but I'm not sure, so if not just knwo that I love you all SO MUCH. write me please!!!! I want to hear about what's going on. Tell Savannah the card she made with the fox was the coolest thing ever.

I just had the coolest experience. We were doing laundry and I was just writing a letter while my companions spoke with these other elders. I was kind of listening but not that much. Anyway, I started visiting with these other elders that were to the left of me. One is from Brazil and the other is from Ecuador. They are serving in Salt Lake. The one from Brazil reminded me of Mehmet. He kinda looked like him and acted like him. It made me really happy.

Anyway, the one from Ecuador was 26 and he has already graduated from college and was working as an industrial engineer. He left his job to go serve a mission. He lived in Spain for a while Dad. anyway, it was just one of those really cool experiences where you know that God loves the person you're talking to so much. I don't know if that makes sense. I just felt like God was so proud of him for his decision. It's so cool. This gospel is the greatest thing there is. I love it so much. I feel like I have such a love for people that I didn't have before. It's so amazing. I know it's a blessing that I'm receiving from my Father in Heaven. We were talking today about how the atonement is enabling and it changes your nature. It's already changing me into a better person. I love the gospel so much! We're so lucky to have it in our lives. WE need to always remember that and not take it for granted.

Have a great week. Love you all so much! You're great. Do fun things while I'm gone. Don't be sad, Mom. I'm so happy! Love you!!!!!!!! Choose the right.

Love,
Sister White

No comments:

Post a Comment