Monday, August 5, 2013

Hello Family

Talofa Family! 

How are all of you? Hope you're doing well. First, let me start by telling you: VALERIE AND RONA ARE GETTING BAPTIZED THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!! We had a lesson with them last Tuesday that was just amazing. We talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and when we were talking about baptism, Valerie just started crying. She said that the way she was feeling she just wanted to be baptized right on the spot. She knows that this gospel is true and she feels the Spirit when she meets with us and reads the Book of Mormon. She's so sweet. Rona was still a little unsure though. We told Valerie we'd plan on August 10. Anyway, Rona went to Youth Conference this weekend. She had a really great experience. She absolutely loved it and made some really good friends, which is so good. She wants to be baptized too! Apparently yesterday in Young Womens she bore her testimony. I feel so blessed to get to work with these girls. They're incredible. They're so ready for the gospel. I know Heavenly Father loves them so much and is so proud for their decision to be baptized. This weekend!!!! Wahoo! It'll be my first baptism.
 
Aside from Valerie and Rona, though, this week was a little rough. I got sick. Really sick. Sister McBride is incredible though. She took good care of me. I'm starting to feel better. Wednesday and Thursday were horrible. I had a terrible cough and sore throat and my eyes were watering and my nose was so stuffy and running. Anyway, just really bad cold symptoms. But I feel like I'm finally getting over it. Wednesday and Thursday we spent about half the day inside and then went out for the last part. I slept so much this week. But I think my body needed it. 

On Thursday night we had fafaga with the Ilaoas. They're so sweet. I just absolutely love them. They were so concerned for me. It was nice, they were like my parents away from you guys. Brother Ilaoa told the elders they needed to give me a blessing. I didn't want to be one of "those sisters," you know? So I was going to wait a few days before I asked for one. Anyway, Brother Ilaoa ended up giving me the blessing in Samoan. So I have no idea what was said. Apparently I do not have the gift of tongues. But I was able to catch the words: strong, Holy Ghost, and family. It was cool though. I've never had a blessing in another language before.
 
We went to another Samoan wedding on Saturday. This was one was so big. There were so many people. He's Tongan and she's half Tongan, half Samoan, but they go to our ward. I don't know him at all, but she's really great. She served a mission in Fiji and just got back I think about a year ago. She looked so pretty. Samoan weddings are quite the deal. Tons of dancing and food. It's great. I love watching the dances. The food I could go without, though. 

I've discovered three things I'm grateful for that pre-mission I never thought I'd be rejoicing at the sight: 1. Salad. Oh my. I feel so grateful when I see salad on the table. Even when it has sauces that I wouldn't normally eat. I LOVE salad. It's something that can take up a lot of room on my plate and not make me sick. 2. Hamburger Helper. I know, gross, right? But seriously.. the other day it was on the table. So grateful. 3. IHOP. We've gone there twice now and I love it. It's so nice to have a break from meat and rice. I think I've consumed more rice in the last 7 weeks then my entire previous life.

This last week we had a Zone Conference in Bellevue. I forgot what giant mansions in gated communities look like. haha. Seriously, though, Bellevue is so nice. We came back to our area and just kind of laughed. The closest thing we have in our area to Bellevue is a gated trailer park. Yeah, it's a gated trailer park. hahaha. It makes me laugh so hard.
 
Sister McBride and I are doing well. Ready to go out and work extra hard this week. We have a lot of potentials and two scheduled appointments with people who we could start teaching. It will be a really good week. I love this gospel so much! I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father with all of my heart. This gospel is true. So true! 
Love you all. Hope you're doing well. 

Love, Sister White

No comments:

Post a Comment