Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Another Week in Samoa



 Oh you know.. just wearing t-shirts of a book that my Mom wrote. No big deal. 
 Service at the Etes. Moving the boat so we could wash it. It was so heavy and hard to move. 

 The ideal missionary service picture. 

Joy--what mission life is like.
 Our bubble fight.

 What is my companion holding in her hand?!


Talofa Family!

How is everyone and everything? This week was another great week. I can't believe we only have two weeks left of this transfer. Time is seriously flying. Oh my goodness. I can't believe I've been out for just over two months. Crazy.

This week we had an amazing Restoration lesson with Samson. The Spirit was just so strong. We didn't have very much time so it was a quick lesson but it was very powerful. His sixteen year old daughter and fourteen year old niece were also there and they all committed to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. We're going to see them again this week. I'm excited. I really hope they can progress and come to learn that this gospel is true. Because it is. And it is the best ever. And it brings so much happiness. I love it. 

We also had a couple really good lessons with Solomona. He's an older man in his fifties. We can't communicate with him very well because he doesn't speak very much english but the ward is really great about coming out with us when they can so we have people to kind of translate and bear their testimony as well. Our ward really is the greatest. He believes that Joseph Smith was a prophet and he really loves what he's learning. He's concerned though because he goes to Assembly of God and he plays guitar in the band or something so he's strong in his church. So pray for him. He wants to come to our ward but it's at the same time that his church is at. He said he's going to try though.

We had a lesson with Valerie and Rona this last week. They've only been baptized about two weeks and they're already sharing the gospel with their family back in Samoa. They are just so great. Val told me that she feels like we're her sisters and that we'll be friends forever. They are just so sweet.

We got to do service for the Ete family yesterday. We cleaned up their yard and cleaned and moved the boats and stuff. It was really fun. Then after we played no rule basketball. So I got to travel as much as I wanted. It was so fun! All I know is that by the end of it Sister McBride's and my athletic ability increased greatly. I think I might be able to give Joe a run for his money...as long as there are no rules. haha. 

We've just been working hard and seeing lots of miracles. This will be another great week. We got to go to the temple this morning. I LOVE the temple. It's the BEST place in the world. I felt the Spirit so strongly. I just know without a doubt that Heavenly Father is real and He loves us all so much. He wants us to be happy and we're happy when we're choosing the right. Try and go to the temple as often as you can. It's a great way to serve and do missionary work for people who have passed.

Also, this last week one of the ward members gave us money for fafaga so we went to this little cafe sandwich place thing that I've noticed before. Somewhere Samoans would never go. It was so good and so nice to just eat a good sandwich and salad...yes, that's right. I got a salad. Also, my favorite thing about it..While eating there I heard a Fleet Foxes and an Avett Brothers song. It made me so happy. Ridiculously happy. 

I love you all so much and you're all in my prayers everyday. I miss you, but I am so happy! Missionary work is the greatest thing in the world. The gospel is true and the scriptures are true. Read them everyday. They're a blessing in our lives. Life is so BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Love,
Sister Veronica White

No comments:

Post a Comment