Monday, September 2, 2013

Last Week Before Transfers



 Pictures of our temple trip.





Talofa Family!

How is everyone? How was Hawaii Mom and Dad? I'm sure you had lots of fun. I expect a good letter or email telling me all the fun things you did. How is everyone else? Getting back into the rhythm of school?

Things are absolutely wonderful here! This coming week is the last week of the second transfer. Can you believe it?! I've already been out for almost two transfers. Time is flying by. I feel like we just started this transfer. Anyway, I'm really hoping to stay in this area with Sister McBride for another transfer. But we'll see what happens. Whatever happens will be okay. The Lord knows what He's doing and we just have to trust in Him. 

I went on exchanges this week with Sister Ika. She's Tongan and from Provo. She serves in the Tongan ward here. It's a lot smaller than the Samoan ward. For some reason there's a lot more Tongans than Samoans in this area. It was fun to go on exchanges though. She's really sweet and I learned lots from her. She's been out for a little over a year. 

We met a woman named Jen this week. She lives in front of the Tupa family who are members of our ward. She's met with missionaries before. She's really, really nice. She didn't really seem to be that interested but she invited us back. She has two adorable little girls. We're meeting with her tomorrow and I'm really excited. 

We had a time that we were supposed to meet with Mile's parents about permission for her to be baptized but her dad wasn't there. She's still really nervous about what her parents will say but we just have to keep having faith and trust in God. She's so sweet and really loves the gospel. We're meeting with her tonight. Keep her and her parents in your prayers, faamolemole (please). 

An amazing MIRACLE happened this week! Siona has a date set for marriage and now has a date for baptism too!!!! Do you remember Siona? He was supposed to be baptized just after I got here but he had to be married first. His wife/girlfriend thing though is pretty opposed to the church and wouldn't pick a date. Anyway, there's just been lots of drama and stuff. But they're getting married October 18! It's still pretty far out there but it looks like it's a solid date. And then he'll be baptized October 26! We are so excited for him. He's really great. He has such a desire to do what's right and he has a strong testimony. He loves the church and wants to set the example for his family. He's just a really good person. We had a lesson on fasting this week and fasted with him Friday. He just chuckled when we told him we were going to talk about fasting. He's a Samoan--so he LOVES his food. He thought fasting was really hard but he's grateful he did it and he said he had a good experience. He wants new doors to be opened up so that his wife's heart will be softened and he can share the gospel with her. 
Other than that there's not much to share. This week has been on the slower side. But still many, many miracles. The Lord is so aware of all of His children and He loves us all so much. Never forget that. Be sure and read your scriptures. They are amazing. They really are the word of God and we gain so much insight and our testimonies are strengthened when we read them. I hope you are all doing well. I miss you and love you and pray for you everyday. 
Things are just lovely here. I'm working hard and seeing many miracles. I can't believe how tired I am. Not gonna lie, some mornings it's a real struggle to stay awake. But everything is great! Just eating lots of Samoan food. Oh, it was so exciting though! Yesterday I got sent home from fafaga with a big bowl of watermelon. I must've looked really excited about the watermelon. Manu (our ward mission leader) said he's never seen me eat like that and he thought I was going to eat the whole bowl. haha. I was just excited to eat something that wasn't meat and rice. 

Well, I love you all. Make good decisions. Be happy.  Choose the right. 
Love,
Sister Veronica White

No comments:

Post a Comment