Monday, September 16, 2013

September 16, 2013









Talofa Family! 

How is everyone? It looks like the book launch went really well. Thanks for sending the pictures. I wish I could have been there. It's ok though. I'm supposed to be here. I guess you'll just have to write more books Mom so I can be there for them.
 
Things are great here, as always. Training is good. Still not exactly sure why the Lord trusts me to do it. There are many times that I feel completely inadequate. But I'm just trying to trust in the Lord and do my very best. And then good things will happen, ioe? Sister Smalley is great! She's really sweet and really wants to get to work. It's been great working with her and she has lots of good suggestions about how to make the work progress. Her accent is still hard to understand sometimes but I'm getting a lot better. It doesn't completely sound Australian to me though. To me it almost sounds British. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a BBC production. It makes me laugh. And she just reminds me of someone who would be in a BBC production. I love it. She says funny things like Boot for the trunk of the car, rubbish bin for the trashcan, powerpoint for the plug in the wall, and pacer for a pencil. But I'm learning. I know we're going to see many miracles while serving together. She has a really strong testimony and is just amazing. 

So the last few weeks I've been asked by multiple people if I'm completely white or American. They all think I'm half something. I have no idea why. I feel like I look pretty white. Karen thought I wasn't completely white because of my thick hair. haha. But anyway, I just thought it was funny. In the last two weeks I've been asked by at least four different people if I'm half something. 

Also I was showing some people a family photo and they all are really confused at why my hair isn't curly. They're all amazed by Mom's and Savannah's curly hair.
 
We were given another wedding cake yesterday. This time we had to sit at the head table with the bride and groom. How awkward is that. Missionaries are just a really big deal to Samoans I guess. Someone had just taken us out to breakfast though and so I had had three huge pancakes and then we went to the wedding and I was expected to eat all this food. Luckily I could hide most of it in a to go box though. I'm amazed at the elders. They eat so much. I can't even believe it sometimes. 

We had two of our investigators drop us this week. Pretty much they're just not willing to act on their faith even though they believe Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the Book of Mormon is true. They want to stay at their churches. It's really sad. But everyone has their agency. All we can do is give as many people as possible the opportunity to hear the gospel. We got in contact with Samson this week finally though and we're going over there tomorrow so hopefully that will be good.
We had a really good church tour with Kenny. He's the one who believes we're a false religion. He strongly believes in the Trinity and has doubts about the blacks not receiving the priesthood at first, etc. But we had a good church tour with him. The Spirit was really strong and he was really impressed by all the members that were there and how nice they were. We told him that he needs to ask with a sincere heart so he can know. It ultimately all comes down to him. But he said he can't pray with earnestness until he gets some of his questions answered. Just pray for him. I hope he can exercise his faith and not focus on his doubts. 
Overall it was just a good week. Just getting used to being a trainer and having Sister Smalley here. Things are great. 

Love you all. I'm praying for you everyday. Thanks for being the best family ever. Choose the right.
Love, 
Sister Veronica White

No comments:

Post a Comment