Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013



Not very many pictures this week. Sorry. Although I'm probably doing you a favor by not making you look at my face. haha. 

Here is Sister McBride and me from exchanges. Funnest exchanges ever. 


Talofa Aiga! 

This week was lovely. In so many ways. Oh my. Just so, so many miracles. Where to even begin?

One of our investigators Cassandra is on date for baptism on October 12. She didn't come to church yesterday so it'll have to be moved back. But we did see her yesterday. We went over to her sister's apartment and she was there. We also had a lesson with her sister. It was good. Things are starting to pick up in the area. It's been pretty slow for a while but lots happened this week. We taught Cassandra last Wednesday and had a really good lesson with her. She felt the Spirit really strongly and is so prepared for the blessings of the gospel. Heavenly Father has been preparing her and I'm so excited to see her this week! 

Also, we had a lesson with Talauu. She's a really sweet girl. In her twenties. We've met her before but never really been able to have a real lesson with her. Last night we taught the Restoration and she was so ready for it. The Lord really does prepare individuals. She said she felt the Spirit and that she wants to learn for herself if this is true. She said it makes sense for there to be prophets and when we talked about Joseph Smith she felt like she already knew it. It was a really neat experience. She wants to be baptized. She's on date for October 19. Keep her in your prayers though. She's already received slight family opposition. We had given her a Book of Mormon about a month earlier and she had said she wanted to read it. Yesterday though she told us that she hadn't read it yet because her parents told her not to. Her parents said she should only read from the Bible. Last night she said she's going to read the Book of Mormon. But just pray for her and that her family's hearts will be softened and won't hold her back. 

Wanna hear something so cool?! So I think I've told you a little bit about Juliann. She's the one who is going off to college so we didn't have very much time to teach her. Well it was really hard to get a hold of her so we only ever had that first lesson. But this last week we finally got in contact with her. She left for college on Friday but she said she's been reading the Book of Mormon and that she really likes it. She told us that she's happier when she reads from the Book of Mormon. She wants missionaries to teach her when she gets there. And guess what? She was talking to her roommate on facebook. They didn't know each other before or anything but as they were talking, Juliann found out that she's a Mormon. How perfect is that? So cool. She's so ready for the gospel .The Lord's hand is in all of this. I'm so excited for her. She's a really sweet girl. 

This week we went on exchanges. Sister McBride is now a Sister Training Leader so I got to go on exchanges with her. So we were here in Samoa for a day and back together. Oh my goodness. It was so fun. I just absolutely love that girl. She's amazing. I feel so blessed that I got to serve with her. Sister Smalley is doing wonderful as well. She's great and works so hard. We're seeing a lot of miracles together. 

We experienced real Seattle weather this week! It was so lovely. Cold and rainy and I loved every minute of it. Everybody else hates it. I got to pull out my rain jacket. Yesterday it was raining really hard. We were walking from our apartment over to our Ward Mission Leaders because he lives really close by. So we were wearing our jackets with our hoods on and it was freezing cold. Sister Smalley was hating it. But I loved it. I felt like a true Seattle missionary. I just had this ridiculous grin on my face that I couldn't wipe away. haha. I'm such a freak, but the cold and wet weather made me so happy. 

Well, this week was incredible! Sorry for the long email. Hope it makes sense. Love you all so much! Keep doing what you know is right. The Lord is waiting to pour out blessing upon us we just have to obey His commandments and be worthy of them. 

Love you! Choose the right.
Love,
Sister Veronica White

No comments:

Post a Comment