Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I'm Staying in Samoa!

 My Mission Family--My Mom Sister and Daughter
 My daughter (Sister Smalley) Me and My Mom (Sister McBride)
 We got to go downtown for p-day
 I seriously love the market so much! I'm going to come back after my mission and spend an entire day there.
 Fuifui and me. Love that girl!
 The Gum Wall
 Pics of Pig for Savannah
 
 
 
 
 Tofu in honor of Bruce
 
 Me and Naomi
 We're with Samoans so of course we take the jumping picture.
 My Samoans. Oh how I love them!
 
 Dark photo of me and my comp.
 One night this week a member brought over cookies and milk for us. It was so sweet.
 
 
 
Talofa family!
I'm staying in Samoa! And I hit my four month mark out in the mission field. Oh my goodness! I can't believe it. This week was really good. There's been so much that has happened I don't even know where to begin. Hopefully I can get it all out. I don't have much time.
This week we had Zone Conference with Paul V. Johnson from the 70. It was so good! Oh my, I'm just so grateful for church leaders. The Holy Ghost was really strong and I was very spiritually fed. I learned a lot about what I can do to be a better missionary. He and his wife are just so amazing. And I love President and Sister Choi. They are so sweet. I love them. We got to sit with Elder Johnson during our lunch break and talk to him so that was really cool. He gave a talk in general conference (I think it was in the October 2011 session??) You should look it up and listen to it. It's really good.
We had our fireside this week that we planned. It went really well. But wow, I wanted to kick Satan in the teeth. He was trying really hard to have it fail but we kept faithful and optimistic and it all worked out. Thursday night we were making phone call reminders and Sister Timoteo one of the five speakers cancelled on us. Then on Friday at 3:30 Brother Toala cancelled. At 5:20 Trey cancelled. We were supposed to have a run through at 5:30. sister Smalley and I were running a little late so we pull up the church at 5:35 and only the elders' car is there. We walk in to find Elder Kenape frantically writing a talk and Elder Rasmussen eating chocolate ice cream. All there was to do was laugh. So Samoan. Three of the five speakers cancelled. They all had legitimate family things come up though. The elders were really starting to stress. I made some calls though and got back ups and it all went smoothly. I ended up having to play piano for it and Sister Smalley ended up giving a talk (she did a great job). By 6:50 there were about three people there. But we ended up having a great turnout from the ward. They were running on Samoan time like usual. haha. Casandra ended up coming to the fireside and she really liked it! It was all in Samoan except Sister Smalley and our Stake President so I couldn't understand all of the meeting but the Spirit was really strong. And our Stake President's talk was one of the best talks I've ever heard. It was so amazing and couldn't have been more perfect for Casandra. I really am just so grateful for good church leaders.
Transfers happened and I'm staying in Samoa with Sister Smalley. I'm really happy about that. Casandra is going to get baptized this next transfer! I'm praying for it and I know that it can happen. We just have to trust in our Heavenly Father and do our part and hopefully she'll start coming to church and reading from the Book of Mormon. That's her biggest struggle right now. Keeping her commitments. So really keep her in your prayers. She's so ready for the gospel and there are so many blessings that are just waiting for her. I love her so much.
Also another miracle. A completely inactive family came to church on Sunday. It was so awesome to see them walk through the doors. I couldn't wipe the grin from my face. Naomi was laughing at me. I didn't get the chance to talk to them after though so hopefully they enjoyed it. I never understand what the talks or lessons are about. So don't take church for granted. I know I did before my mission. We're so lucky to have the gospel in our lives and we need to really pay attention when we go to church and learn. And be grateful it's in English!
Well I have to go. I love you all so much. I feel a little rushed so hopefully this email makes sense and is not boring. Have a great week! Choose the right! Love you all!
Love,
Sister Veronica White

No comments:

Post a Comment