Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Oh! Mission Life

Hello family! 

Well this has been quite the interesting transfer. Nothing really ever goes according to plan. At the beginning of this week Sister Dobbins was sick for the day so we had to stay inside. Poor Sister Dobbins. I was able to catch up on my journal and get a lot of cleaning done but I was happy to get out and work the next day. Too much staying inside. But it was really funny. There was this knock on our door and there was this tiny little Hispanic man yelling "Tamales! Caliente!" I looked through the peep hole and couldn't see anything. So then I looked down and saw the top of his head. He was selling tamales door to door from his blue cooler. Oh, Burien.

We had a special zone conference with Elder Hansen that was good. And then President and Sister Choi asked us to go on exchanges with the Myers Way sisters. (Sister Nudd and Sister Smalley) It was supposed to be just through the weekend, but alas, we are still on exchanges. I've never been on so many temporary, indefinite exchanges. This time I'm with Sister Nudd in the Myers Way Tongan ward. So I'm sick off Poly food again. I thought I was done with that. I've eaten so much the last five days, it's gross. But Sister Nudd and I figured out that we've been together ten days of this transfer. Like I said, this has been an interesting transfer. It's a little bit hard just because we still have two other sets of sisters that we're supposed to go on exchanges with that keep being postponed because of other things that pop up. But oh well. All is well. Sister Nudd and I have seen a lot of miracles together in the last five days. They're running out of miles so we've been doing a lot of walking which has been fun. We've walked approximately fifteen miles in the last few days in the pouring rain. But we've been able to talk to people. I've gotten a lot more bold lately. And I love it! It's finally clicking in my brain that this is people's eternal life and I just want to share with them what I know to be true and what I know will bring them so much joy. I just love this gospel so much. I'm a little bit sad because I've been missing out on my area. I missed Hector's lesson and the other people that we are working with. But I know that President Choi receives revelation from God. So I don't have to understand everything. I just have to be obedient. But keep Hector in your prayers. He's talked to his boss and he's trying to work something out where he could get a crew together and they could do night shifts and that way he'd be able to come to church.

This week I've really learned how important it is who you associate with. The people you spend your time with affect who you are and who you become. 

Also, I just love The Book of Mormon so much! I'm reading Alma right now and I just can't stop myself. I am so sad personal study is only an hour. I love The Book of Mormon. Make sure and read it everyday!
I love you all and pray for you! 

Love,
Sister Veronica White

No comments:

Post a Comment