Monday, October 6, 2014

Amazing Week!


Hello family!

I know I must say this every week. But this was such an incredible week. Lots of miracles and happiness and spiritual experiences. I love being a missionary! 

This week I went on two exchanges--back to back. I've gotten good at this exchange thing. Heavenly Father really does know us and He's helped me to learn so many things on my mission. One of those being flexibility. 

Jimmy is doing well. He's liking the Book of Mormon. He won't be able to be baptized on the 25th anymore because he hasn't been to church yet. His back causes him a lot of pain and troubles. But he is still progressing and offered such a heartfelt, sincere prayer at our last lesson. I love getting to hear investigators' prayers. They are always so sincere and I feel like I learn a lot from them. 

Blanca is doing so great. She is so happy and loves the gospel! On Friday we had a lesson with her. Then we had a lesson with Brandon right after and our fellowship ended up cancelling. We have to have another girl to meet with him so we asked Blanca if she would come. She did and she was amazing! She hasn't even been a member for a week and she came and taught a lesson with us. And she really did teach. She offered the sweetest opening prayer praying for Brandon to receive an answer. And then at one point Sister Nelson and I had just bore our testimonies and she jumped right in and talked about how she knows Joseph Smith is a prophet and how she knows Brandon can receive an answer if he prays with faith. So cute! 

Pray for Brandon. His baptism is supposed to be happening this weekend. But he still feels like he hasn't received an answer about Joseph Smith. I don't know why it's taking so long. He comes to church, prays, reads everyday. Just really keep him in your prayers please. I know if it's God's will, He can perform a miracle and Brandon can be baptized this weekend. He came to the Sunday morning of General Conference and he really liked it. 

This was just a really incredible weekend. On Friday we had Zone Training and Sister Nelson and I trained and it was so much fun. We were training on love and how God is love and we need to love our comps, gators, etc. We played this game to start it off. The whole meeting was really great. And then after we got to watch Meet the Mormons. It was so good! I loved it. That was the first movie I've seen in 16 months. (Besides the Restoration movie) You all need to go and see it. It was very uplifting. I just love this gospel so much! It helps us in all aspects of our lives. It is for everyone! Then of course we had General Conference which was a spiritual feast. So good! I loved every minute of it and was so sad when it was over. It wasn't long enough. And now we have to wait another six months. Sad. I was also so sad when it was over because this is the last General Conference I'll have as a missionary. I hate how those moments keep coming up... "This is the last ... as a missionary." Lame.

I am so happy. I love this gospel so much. It is for everyone. It brings us happiness. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that we have a loving Heavenly Father. I love you all so much. Pray sincerely everyday!
Love,
Sister Veronica White

No comments:

Post a Comment