Monday, October 27, 2014

Such an Amazing Week!



 At Brandon's baptism.



 Blanca
This pic is for Savannah and Dad. We pulled up into the church one night and there was this dog in the driver's seat looking like he was about to drive away. It was funny.

Hello family! 

So this week was one of the best of my mission. Of my life! So, so many miracles. I don't even understand how Heavenly Father is blessing me so much. I'm very grateful.
 
Okay, where to even start? On Tuesday Brandon had his baptismal interview and passed! It was so awesome. We were talking with him after and guess what?! He started talking about how he wants to serve a mission. Can you believe it? Sister Nelson and I were just dying of happiness. He's such a good kid. I'm very grateful we met him that night. It really was all the Holy Ghost. 

As is the case with the Adversary, he likes to oppose. The day of the baptism was pretty stressful. We got to the church early to fill up the font and had some issues with that. And the Relief Society room was a disaster. I've never seen a room in a church building so trashed. There was garbage everywhere and the chalkboard needed cleaned, none of the chairs were set up. The Seattle stake center is not known for cleanliness, that's for sure. It took us over an hour to get everything cleaned up, etc. But it all turned out well. There was a lot of ward support at the baptism, especially from the youth. It was a beautiful program. Brandon looked so happy. After he was baptized he bore his testimony and talked about how happy he was and how he's grateful he found this church. It was just so simple and honest. The Spirit was so strong. Such a happy day. Then the next day at church he received the gift of the Holy Ghost and was given the Priesthood. He was just beaming. 

Some more miracles... I don't know if I told you about Pratap and Chandra. They're a very sweet little family from Nepal. They speak pretty good English. Pratap (the husband) became Christian about a year ago and has a very basic understanding of Christianity. Sister Nelson and I realized that we needed to take things slowly and simply. So we made these prayer sandwiches. They're so cute! I wish I had taken a picture of them but we've already given them to our investigators. It was a sandwich that we made out of paper... two slices of bread, lettuce, tomato, cheese, mustard, etc. We built the sandwich just like we pray. The first slice says "Dear Heavenly Father." The mustard says "Thank you for", etc. He loved it and he said a prayer out loud for the first time ever in his life. It was so sweet and after the prayer he had the biggest smile on his face and Chandra was overjoyed. She was even clapping. haha. It was just so cute. 

Guess what?! Do you remember Gina? She was that incredible investigator who was progressing and preparing for baptism and then her family and friends filled her with negative things about the church and she was confused. Well this last week we saw her and we're seeing her again next week. I love her so much and I am so happy that we're going to start teaching her. Keep her in your prayers. She is so ready for the gospel! 

And then the last miracle to share! Do you remember last week how we met Jeff and Mayra? Well this weekend we taught their whole family the Restoration. And they are so prepared! They are very humble and willing to listen and have so many wonderful questions. They're looking for a church and something to unify their family but they haven't found anything that fits yet. They have two kids--Angel (boy, 15) and Carla (girl, 14). It was really stormy outside while we were teaching and in the middle of the lesson the power went out! It was crazy. So they got flashlights and candles and then we finished the lesson. Definitely an adventure. I've never taught in the dark before. We have a return appointment for next week. Please keep them in your prayers. I'm so excited. I've been looking for a family to teach my whole mission. 

Ah, mission life just really is the greatest. I love it so much. I am so blessed to be here. Transfers are next week.... My last transfer. I can't believe it. I really hope that I get to stay here in Burien with Sister Nelson. But I will go wherever Heavenly Father wants me to go and I will work as hard as I possibly can to help people come closer to Christ. That truly is the way to happiness. I know that Heavenly Father is real and that He loves us. Jesus Christ is our Savior. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ's true church. We are so blessed to be a part of it. Read your scriptures every day. Repent every day. CTR! I love you.
Love,
Sister Veronica White

No comments:

Post a Comment