Tuesday, November 4, 2014

My Last Transfer!

Hello family! Hope you're doing well. This week was very busy. We had a lot of set appointments and almost all of them fell through. One of our new gators dropped us. It was just a trial of our faith. But through it all we were still blessed with lots of miracles. And I was with Sister Nelson, so of course I was happy! She is amazing. I just love her so much! I'm grateful Heavenly Father put us together. One of the sisters that we serve went home early this week for medical reasons so the last four days of this transfer we were in a trio. We were with Sister Leung. She's from Hong Kong. Sadly I don't have any photos with her but it was a lot of fun. We had a lot of laughs. One night we were tracting and this old man told us he was busy. We asked him if we could sing a song for him and he looked at us and said, "Didn't you hear me? I'm busy. B-U-S-Y!" and slammed the door. It was very funny. We had a great lesson about the Sacrament on Saturday with Brandon and he told us how since his baptism last week he's felt so happy. He said he's felt the Holy Ghost helping him with his schoolwork. And then on Sunday he blessed the Sacrament! And then Blanca got up and bore her testimony. It was amazing! She talked about how she's grateful Heavenly Father sent the sisters to her because she's so happy and she loves God. It was so sweet. That really is the gospel--happiness. I love it! We are so blessed to have it in our lives. So transfers happened. I left Burien. I am really sad to leave Burien--the ward, the people I'm working with, Sister Nelson! I will really miss them. I'm grateful for Sister Nelson. We got along so well and worked so hard together and I've learned so much from her. But I'm ready to serve Heavenly Father with all my heart wherever I go. I am in the Redmond stake--way richer and fancier than the Seattle stake. I think I'm going to face culture shock for a little while. Everything is so nice. My companion is Sister Lee. She's from Korea. She's very sweet and I'm excited to be with her. We are both Sister Training Leaders. This is her first transfer as a STL. I was kind of surprised I am still a STL. I thought I would be released. But I'm excited to serve with her and learn from her and to serve wonderful sisters in this mission. We are in a YSA ward so that will be something new. I've never served YSA before. Definitely an adventure! Apparently we cover the Redmond stake and part of Bothell and Kirkland as well. I'm grateful for this opportunity to show Heavenly Father that I love him and I plan on serving as diligently as I can this last six weeks. I love being a missionary. I know that this gospel is true. I know it changes lives. I've seen it change lives, mine included. I know God loves us. Read and study your scriptures everyday. Study PMG! I love you all! Love, Sister Veronica White

No comments:

Post a Comment