Monday, November 10, 2014

I Love YSA!

At Alki beach. We went there our last P day before transfers. 
Our extremely awkward district photo. 


Sister Nelson's mom sent her a package of Halloween stuff and included me. Our pumpkin necklaces light up!


Hello family.
This was a great week. I just really love being a missionary so much. I have never been so happy. Every day I am grateful that the age was lowered and that I'm serving right now. My life has completely changed because of it.

I'm really loving my new area. It's definitely an adjustment. Redmond is way nicer than Burien was. I think I was experiencing culture shock for the first few days... seeing clean, bathed, stylish people on the streets. It was weird. This weekend was stake conference, so I haven't officially had a Sunday in the ward yet, but I have met quite a few members and I already love them. This ward is so fun! There's lots of activities in the YSA ward. Quite a few members from our ward already have careers. A lot of them work at Microsoft. The members are really nice and they make really good food for us, so that's nice.

 We do a lot of contacting at the University of Washington Bothell campus. It is so fun! One of the days we were there last week it was POURING rain and we were completely soaked and I loved every minute of it! We just kept talking to everyone. There are some really interesting people. So many people are either atheist or agnostic, but we've had some really good conversations. One of my very favorite things about missionary work is watching people's hearts soften as they feel the Spirit. That happened a lot this week and so many times I've been overwhelmed with how grateful I am for the Spirit and that He testifies of truth. This gospel is true.

We are teaching someone named Blake. His sister was just baptized in March and he's seen how happy it's made her. He doesn't have any sort of religious background but last week we had a lesson on prayer and it was powerful. Please keep him in your prayers because he works Sunday afternoons. Our ward is at one so he can't come. He came to stake conference this weekend though since it was in the morning. He said he liked it, but was kind of bored. haha. We had Mission Leadership Council on Friday--that's where all the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders meet with the mission presidency. It's my second to last one. So sad. I'm very grateful Heavenly Father has given me the opportunity to serve as a sister training leader. It's been hard, but I've learned so much as well.

Sister Lee is amazing. She's so cute and fun. She's from Korea, but was attending BYU before her mission. I've learned so much from her. She's so in tune with the Spirit and always asks inspired questions. I'm grateful Heavenly Father let me be her companion.

 Know that I love you all. You're in my prayers. Read your scriptures and study PMG. Heavenly Father has given us so many resources to be happy. To be truly happy we need the Spirit in our lives. And we invite the Spirit into our lives when we keep the commandments. CTR everyday!

 Love you! Love, Sister Veronica White

No comments:

Post a Comment