Tuesday, April 8, 2014

April 8, 2014

Hello my dear family!

Oh, how I love you! I was thinking about you this weekend as I watched conference. All I have to say about conference is... wow! I am so grateful to be a member of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ where we have leaders that speak to us every six months and tell us exactly what God wants us to hear. There were some really powerful talks given. I loved them all. Elder Uchtdorf's talk about gratitude was really great. It's a good reminder. We have so many reasons to be grateful. We need to count our blessings everyday. And just as he said let's make it a part of who we are. Have gratitude imprinted on our souls. President and Sister Choi asked all of the missionaries to pray and ponder and then listen to the General Conference and receive revelation about how we can be happier as missionaries. President Uchtdorf's talk really stood out to me. If we are grateful we will be happy. Despite difficult things that we may be facing if we recognize all the tender mercies in our lives and the gifts that God gives to us each day there's no way not to be happy. Also, I really felt that to be more happy I need to recognize the Lord's hand in my life each day. Recognize the miracles that He blesses us with. There are miracles everyday but if we don't open our eyes to see them and recognize them we will lose out on blessings. Also, I loved how so many people talked about LOVE. President Monson said something about how we can't love our neighbor without loving God and we can't love God without loving our neighbor. I really loved that. That's something that I've come to learn on my mission... LOVE! Missionary work isn't possible without love. I think life isn't possible without love. If we pray for the gift to be able to love I know that God blesses us with an added measure of the ability to love. I've seen it in my mission. 

My heart has grown so much. Sometimes I feel as though my heart would just burst because it is so full and yet, still I can add to it. When I left my Samoans I had so much love for them and I didn't know if I could love my new area as much as I loved them. Well Heavenly Father showed me that I can. I love the people of the Carkeek Park ward. My dear Bishop and his family, the Walkers, some of the investigators that we were working with. I just love them all so much. I love Sister Salabao. I learned so much from her. She helped me to grow and become a better missionary and I will forever be grateful for her. I love Seattle. I love this gospel. I love the missionaries that I get to serve with. I love the Book of Mormon. I love General Conference and getting to hear the words of prophets. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ, and my Heavenly Father more than words can express. I am so grateful that they love me as well. Even though I am so imperfect.. I make mistakes everyday, I struggle, and I am weak, they love me. And because of that love I can receive strength to go forth everyday and preach the gospel. 

So I'm on transfer eight. Wow. I am in shock. Sister Salabao and I were both transferred from Carkeek Park. They shut the sisters down in that area because of the new senior couple. I am here in Burien. Back in the Seattle Zone! I spent the first seven months of my mission in Burien. It's a wonderful area. There are so many people to talk to, so much work to be done. I really could not be more excited. I am with Sister Dobbins. She was Sister Salabao's trainer. I think we are going to get along great. I am so ready to go and work harder than I ever have before. I'm ready to find, teach, and baptize! I know that Heavenly Father has a plan and I'm excited for what is in store. I love this Seattle Zone! Also, I'm a sister training leader now. I'm a little nervous. I feel like I'm very inadequate for this. But really the truth is, I am. But through the Atonement of Jesus Christ I can receive strength. This is going to be a transfer of miracles. All is well!

Just in case you couldn't tell from this letter, I really LOVE being here in Seattle. I love this gospel with all of my heart. Time to go and share it with everyone out there. Love you all! CTR and you'll be happy!
Love,
Sister Veronica White

No comments:

Post a Comment