Monday, April 28, 2014

Miracles!

Hermana Boley and me.

Well this week was incredible! We saw so many miracles. Oh my goodness. I don't even know where to begin. 

Basically as a sister training leader I feel like I'm going on exchanges all the time! But this week I was able to go on exchanges with Hermana Boley. She is just the sweetest. We had so much fun. Exchanges are always really fun, just so exhausting. I'm tired all the time. But first let me tell you about a miracle we had while on exchanges. We were trying to visit a less active member of our ward but she wasn't home so we decided that we would tract the rest of the building while we were there. So we start and it's just kind of regular tracting. Well the very last door that we knock on we meet a girl named Alicia. She opens the door and tells us that she's Catholic and she just really does not want to talk to us. She's getting ready to close the door but we said something that stopped her. 

Honestly I don't even remember what we said. But she started making small talk with us. I come to find out that she's the sister of someone who is marrying a Samoan member's daughter. The Samoan member is named Pepe. Her daughter is not married but had two kids with this guy. She was not living a good lifestyle at all. When I was serving in Samoa we would occasionally stop by and visit Pepe and help her to stay hopeful and positive since it was so hard to be the only member in her immediate family. Well her daughter and boyfriend are getting married! And the boyfriend is Alicia's brother. (I hope that story made sense... sorry) Basically though, because we were able to make that connection Alicia opened up to us more. She thought it was really cool that I had served in the Samoan ward and knew them. Because we had that connection she opened up to us and talked about how when she was younger she had gone to a few mutual activities and that she was actually curious to "look more into the Mormon church." She even accepted the baptismal commitment if she found out these things were true. It was amazing how much her heart softened. And it amazed me because six or seven months ago I was with Sister Smalley and we both realized that we didn't know much about Pepe and we felt like we should visit her. Six months ago Heavenly Father was preparing the way for Alicia to be more open. It really strengthened my testimony of how aware Heavenly Father is of His children. He knows all of us so perfectly and loves us so much. I hope that story made sense. I'm sorry if it's confusing. 

Sister Dobbins and I went to Mission Leadership Council this week and President Choi is just amazing. It was really good. And then we had Zone Meeting this week and Sister Dobbins and I had the opportunity to participate in the training of our zone. I was kind of nervous about it but it actually went really well and the Spirit definitely guided us for what we needed to prepare and train on. It was perfect for our zone. We talked about love and obedience. How we should be obedient out of our love for our Father in Heaven. That is why the Savior performed the Atonement... love for us, but also love for our Father. He knew that this was the only way for us to be able to return to live with Them someday and Christ knew how important it was to Heavenly Father that all His children have the opportunity to come back. If Christ hadn't been obedient we would all be lost. It made me think of how important it is that I be obedient. Who would benefit from my obedience. And who could maybe become lost as a lack of my obedience. Then we also talked about doing things with the right attitude. Laman and Lemuel were obedient in the beginning of the scriptures. They did the same things as Nephi. But they complained the whole time. It is so important for us to not murmur about being obedient or doing good. That way Heavenly Father can bless us even more. I love 1 Nephi 3:6. 

One last miracle. It was five minutes before our ward coordination meeting and we were getting out of the car to go inside and make copies of our progress record when we saw this man walking on the street in front of the church. We knew we had to talk to him. We invited him to come on a church tour for that Friday. We invite a lot of people to do this and a lot of people fall through. But Hector did not. He came that Friday and it was incredible. The Spirit was so strong. He is so prepared for the gospel. He is so excited to read the Book of Mormon. He is on date for baptism May 31! Heavenly Father blesses us when we work hard. I know this to be true. Mikal came to church this week! I love Sister Dobbins with all my heart! It was just such a good week and Heavenly Father is so aware and loves us. I love you all so much! Thanks for your support. You're in my prayers. CTR! 
Love,
Sister Veronica White

No comments:

Post a Comment