Monday, April 21, 2014

I Love Being a Missionary!


 So Sister Dobbins and I call ourselves the icky sisters. The one day we both wore make up and tried to look good we forgot to take a picture... So yeah. haha. 
I'd like to think the reason I look so hideous in this photo is because I only got three and a half hours of sleep. But I love Sister Nudd!

Hello familia!

This week was great. Lots of fun. I just love being a missionary so much. I absolutely love my comp, Sister Dobbins. She is so funny. We get along so great and we laugh all the time and in a lot of ways we have the same personality. She hates Alex Boye too.. so you know we have a solid foundation to build our friendship on. We're sad we have to go on so many exchanges. But all is well. I love the sisters I get to serve with too. 

So let me just share some highlight miracles of the week. Last Monday evening we met Donovan out street contacting. Then we were able to have a church tour with him later in the week. He's had a really rough life but he felt the Spirit and he has a desire to change his life. He's so sweet. He accepted the baptismal invitation but he'll be leaving to work on the boat up in Alaska at the end of this month and he'll be gone for three months. Lame! Another miracle.. I'm just really trying to get better this transfer about following the promptings of the Holy Ghost. We were visiting this potential investigator who wasn't home. But I felt there was a reason we were in that place.

So we decide to knock on a few doors and we met Cornell. He's awesome! And his last name is Whiten which makes me laugh. He's a Christian but he hasn't been to church in a while. He accepted the Book of Mormon and invited us to come back this next week. It was just a simple thing but it really strengthened my testimony of trusting in the Lord's timing and placement. Also, we met Sherry last night. Wow, She's amazing! We had been tracting for a while and no one was really interested. She was the last door we tried and there was loud rap music playing through the windows. Sister Dobbins was hesitant but I said we should just try it anyway. Sherry is the sweetest girl. She's almost 24 and she's so funny! She kept adding "gurl" to the end of every sentence when she'd address us. She's so prepared for the gospel though, it's crazy. She has good values and she understands that partying doesn't bring happiness, but that a personal relationship with the Lord is what will bring lasting happiness. She's looking for a church home. Ah, she was just so incredible! We didn't get a chance to talk for too long because she was cooking Easter dinner but she asked us if we would come back and she's going to invite her neighbor friend who really needs to get back into going to church. Such a miracle! I love how the Lord works, though. He tests our patience. She was the very last person we tried. After a long time of no success. But we knew that we couldn't get discouraged. We just had to keep moving forward and the Lord would bless us. And that's exactly what He did!

Wow, I feel like there's so much more to say, but I don't even know where to start. Just know that I KNOW that this is the work of the Lord. God loves all of His children so much and He is mindful of us. The Book of Mormon is powerful. Please read it everyday! There are so many blessings that Heavenly Father wants to bless us with but we have to be obedient and keep the commandments. As we do this we will be happier. I'm so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I love Him. I know that He lives. I know that He was indeed resurrected. Because of Him we can all have the opportunity to have eternal life. To live in their presence forever! Wow! So much happiness! Mosiah 2:41. I love this Easter season. We can live again Because of Him. Which, by the way, if you have not watched the video the church put out called Because of Him, look it up! It's so, so good! Share it on facebook. I know that this gospel is true. I love being a missionary so much! I will forever be grateful for this opportunity. I love serving! I love you! CTR!
Love,
Sister Veronica White

No comments:

Post a Comment