Monday, April 14, 2014

I'm Back In Burien!

Well hello family!

 I hope you had a good week. This week was just lovely. So, so busy. Oh my goodness. Crazy. But so good. 

Okay, where to start. I love Burien. I'm back in the ghetto! Sister Dobbins, my companion, is hilarious. We get along so well. We have so much fun together and she's a really good missionary. She only has two transfers left after this one. This is the first time since I was being trained that I've had someone older than me in the mission as a companion. I love it, though. She really wants to work, too. This is just going to be such a good transfer. Tons of miracles. My goal this transfer is to be more bold. That is always something that I've struggled a little bit with. Naturally I'm just more reserved and shy so sometimes it scares me to be bold. But I'm going to do it! Overcome my fear. We've already seen tons of miracles in our work so far and I know we will continue to see miracles as we work hard and "fun with the Spirit." I'm so grateful that we get along so well because we are serving five companionships of sisters. And oh my goodness. It's a little bit crazy at times, let me tell you. We have to go on five exchanges this transfer. That is so many! That's why I'm grateful we click so well because if our companionship was struggling I think going on five exchanges would really take its toll. You know what's funny? Three of the ten sisters that I'm over I've been companions with. Sister Whetten, Sister Batton (MTC) and Sister Smalley (my daughter!). We went on exchanges this week with Myers Way--the Tongan sisters. I was with Sister Nudd in the Tongan ward. It was lots of fun. I LOVE Sister Nudd. She is amazing. She's been through so much and she's only been a member for two years. She has no family support. But she's so strong and so happy and I just love her to death. I'm so grateful for the people I meet and become friends with as a missionary. It's just swell. I am so tired! We are supposed to have daily contact with our sisters.. I literally never have any free time. But all is well. I'm so grateful to be here and to be with Sister Dobbins. This was probably one of the funnest weeks I've had on my mission so far. I am just so happy! 

Yesterday I got to see a lot of my Samoans in passing at the church. Oh my goodness. It made me so happy giving them all hugs. And the best part was that they all seemed so happy too. They were so excited to see me and some of them got so excited because they thought I was back. It was nice to know that they loved me. Because I LOVE them. 

We are working with an amazing investigator named Mikal. He LOVES the Book of Mormon. He's read through 1 and 2 Nephi three times already. He's so sincere. Pray for him, though. He has some concerns with women and the priesthood, etc. and all this stuff that's been on the news lately. He's a bit of a feminist... And he doesn't think that we had genders before, etc. But he's so awesome.
Last night our stake had an Interfaith Easter Celebration. Oh my. It was so great! There was this black church preacher and choir and there were a lot of "Amens" and "Halleluiahs" and clapping. Then there were speakers from our church and musical numbers from our church that were a lot more reverent. haha. I wish you all could have been there. It was so funny. You would have enjoyed it. It was very entertaining. It felt like I was at a concert, though. It didn't speak to my heart. It was actually really good to be able to contrast the difference between the two and realize that the Holy Ghost is a still and quiet voice and can only speak to us as we listen.

Well I feel like there's so much more to say but I don't have any time left. I love you all! CTR! The church is true!
Love,
Sister Veronica White

No comments:

Post a Comment