Monday, May 5, 2014

I Turn 20 This Week! WHAT?!?



These are scary brownies from elders. But the face they created cracks me up.

Hello family,

So at the end of this week I will turn twenty. This really freaks me out. Basically I'm having an early life crisis. I just can't believe that I'm that old. Plus when I came on my mission I was barely nineteen. And so the fact that I'm turning twenty means that I've almost been out for an entire year. And that makes me want to cry. But all is well. Sister Dobbins will help me get over this early life crisis. No need to worry. 

Thanks so much Dad for the birthday package. That was so sweet. Made my day! This week was another incredible week full of so many miracles. I feel like right now I'm the best I've ever been on my mission. Of course there's still a ton to improve on and so much more to learn but I feel like through the Atonement I'm slowly getting there and I'm becoming a better person. I'm so grateful for my mission. It has seriously changed my life. More than words can even express. I LOVE being a missionary. 

Anyway, on to some of the miracles. Blanca! She's a former investigator that we felt like we should go visit. We got there and she was so sweet. We watched the Because of Him video (probably my favorite thing of all time!) and she loved it. We started discussing the things that are possible in our lives Because of Him. The Spirit was really strong and then we found out that she's been reading the Book of Mormon on her own. She pulled up lds.org and showed us how she's in 2 Nephi. We're going to have a church tour later this week. She's so awesome. Keep her in your prayers, though. She has a lot of family opposition. 

Do you remember Hector? He's amazing. We had two lessons with him this week. He could not be more prepared for the gospel. At the beginning of the week we taught him the Restoration and he had already read the introduction, testimonies and four chapters of 1 Nephi. But he hadn't just read them. He had studied them and had amazing questions. He's so smart and he was teaching us about the angel Moroni visiting Joseph Smith. It was the coolest! Then later this week we watched the movie about Joseph Smith with him and he loved it. He thinks that Joseph Smith is a prophet and wants to learn more. I've never taught someone with so much real desire to learn. He's amazing. Pray for him, too, though. He works every Sunday so he wasn't able to come to church. He's praying to get Sundays off. Will you pray for him too? 

We had a wonderful Zone Conference. I really love President and Sister Choi so much. We talked a lot about obedience and love. Obedience is so important. All Heavenly Father wants us to do is be obedient so He can bless us. He loves us so much and wants us to be happy. When we are obedient we can be truly happy! It's just so simple but for some reason we always like to complicate things. 

Sister Dobbins is so great! I love her so much. I love being her companion. We have so much fun together and just work so well together. She is an answer to prayers. I LOVE her! She was sick throughout this week so we went on a few mini exchanges and I got to be with Sister Nudd too. I think I've mentioned a little about her. She is a convert of two years. She is also so amazing I just always feel like I learn so much when I'm around her. I love being a missionary. I love life! I love this gospel with all of my heart! I know that we have a Father in Heaven who loves us and a Savior who atoned for us and who redeemed us. This gospel is true. This gospel is happiness. I love you all so much! I can't wait to talk to you next week. Love you! CTR!

Love,
Sister Veronica White

No comments:

Post a Comment