Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Another Transfer!

Hello family! 

Hope you're doing well. I feel like I have so much to tell you. I'll start with my sickness. I went to the doctor last week and he said it's probably bronchitis. But they put me on an antibiotic. I still felt pretty sick most of last week but today I'm feeling good. 

Sister Dobbins and I gave a training for our Zone in Zone Meeting this last week. It's cool to see how much I've grown. The first time I ever gave training I was terrified but I'm building more confidence which is a good thing. I know that it's because Heavenly Father is helping me. He's helped me so much on my mission but especially I've felt it the last few transfers as a STL. He's always helped me but I think I feel it more lately because my relationship with Heavenly Father is getting better and better. I still have so much work and I want to make it stronger but I love Heavenly Father so much. I KNOW that He is aware of us, our needs, our trials, our strengths and weaknesses. He loves us. (Alma 26:37) It was kinda embarrassing, though. During our training I had a cough attack and it sounded like I was dying. I finally got control but then it would just keep coming back. Yeah, gross. 

This week had some sadness. I was so sad to send Sister Dobbins off. I really love her. She is such a good friend and I learned so much from her. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father let us serve together. The other sad thing. Please pray for Gina. Our Zone theme I guess you could say this transfer is to pray unceasingly. I've been doing that for Gina. Two Sundays she wasn't able to come to church because of a wedding. Then we completely lost contact for a few days. We left her a sticky note (Miracle! She lives in a locked complex but we got in) and then that night she called us. She sounded like she was about to cry. She thanked us for the fellowship but said she wasn't expecting this to be so life-changing. The no coffee thing threw her. She also mentioned some things that peers had said that caused some questions. Basically she's receiving a LOT of opposition from her friends and Satan is really working on her. Stupid Satan. I've been praying and fasting for her. I've prayed so much. I trust Heavenly Father and  I believe that she will be able to come out of this with an even stronger testimony if she can overcome this trial and the temptations of Satan. She said that she would continue to read and pray she just needed some time to think. We haven't had contact with her since then, though. So please, please keep her in your prayers.

Thanks for all your prayers. Keep praying for Hector and Blanca. Hector has been to four or five baptisms now. He just can't get to church. But after the summer his work is supposed to slow down. He listens to the Book of Mormon now on his phone and he loves it.
Yesterday I got to spend the day with the hermanas after I dropped off Sister Dobbins. It was so fun. I love them so much. I'm so grateful for the people I've met on my mission.

I am so unbelievably excited for this upcoming transfer. I'm with Sister Nelson. She's absolutely adorable. She's from Utah. She was just called as a STL. I'm grateful we'll be together. I've wanted to be her comp since Shoreline. I don't really know her that well but I am so happy to be with her. I think we're going to get along great. The Lord is really blessing us and our area. I am so happy to be a missionary. I love this gospel so much. I love the Lord! We are all asked to help in hastening the work of salvation. Be a good example, go to the temple, read your scriptures, pray, smile! I love you all. CTR~

Sister Veronica White

No comments:

Post a Comment