Tuesday, September 23, 2014

I'm Staying!!!

Here come the pictures!



 Right before we dropped Sister McBride off at the airport. 
 Sister Leung, me, and Sister Nelson
Blanca!

Hello dear family!

Well the best news of all, first. I am staying here in Burien with Sister Nelson. I cannot wipe the smile off my face. I am so grateful. Sister McBride (my trainer) went home this morning. I will miss her. I can't believe shes's gone. That freaks me out because when I came to her she was still so new in the mission. I don't know where the last 15 months have gone. 

Where to start? I don't even know? Well this was a pretty hard week, but it doesn't even matter now because I am just so happy that Sister Nelson and I are together. Brandon and Blanca didn't end up getting baptized this weekend. But all is well. Blanca is getting baptized this Saturday and Brandon will be on October 11. I was trying not to think about it, but I was worried I would get transferred. But Heavenly Father must just love me so much because I get to stay with Sister Nelson in Burien. Wow. Sorry, we're only a few sentences into this email and that's pretty much all I've said. I just can't get over how excited I am. This transfer is going to be amazing! We will continue to increase our High Expectations and work even harder. I love it!

This week we had a lesson with Jimmy Boyd (he's a potential) and we were able to teach him the Restoration. He seems very sincere and interested in finding out if this is true. He's on date for October 25!

Blanca had her baptismal interview last night and is good to go. She is so excited. We walked her home from the church after the interview and the whole way back she was just bearing her testimony about how she thought she was close to God before but now she understands so much more about Him and she has a stronger relationship with him. She talked about how God led her here, how she loves the Book of Mormon, the Atonement and the Plan of Salvation, how she's so happy. That is a moment that I will treasure for the rest of my life. She is such a special daughter of God and I am so happy I've been able to work with her. I cannot wait for her baptism on Saturday. And then will be the Women's Broadcast, the next weekend is General Conference, the next week is Brandon's baptism. This'll be the greatest transfer ever! 

Keep Brandon in your prayers. He is an awesome kid. He's doing all that he's supposed to--reading his scriptures and praying everyday, coming to church. But he just hasn't felt like he's received a clear answer from God that Joseph Smith is a prophet. Please pray for him to be able to receive and recognize his answer. We watched the Joseph Smith movie with him and he really loved that. 

I'm still a Sister Training Leader. I can't believe that at the end of this transfer I will have been in Burien for as long as I was in Samoa. Five transfers. Wow. 

Well this is so disjointed and weird, I'm sorry. Just know that I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live. They love us. They want us to be happy and they've given us the way to be happy. By living in a way that we are worthy of having the Holy Ghost--reading our scriptures and praying everyday, coming to church, counting our blessings, smiling, serving. Do all of these things! I love you and pray for you everyday. I'm so sad I missed Mehmet, but tell him that I love him too. CTR!

Love,
Sister Veronica White

No comments:

Post a Comment