Monday, September 1, 2014

Amazing Week!

Almond boba. Most delicious thing ever. 

 I've basically spent my whole mission here. On my ninth transfer in this building. 

The Sound!

Hello family! 

I've been so excited to email you about my week. It's been so incredible I just couldn't wait to tell you. I can't even begin to count all of the miracles that we saw. Heavenly Father really does bless us for our obedience, diligence, and patience. Sister Nelson and I have been working so hard. I just love Sister Nelson so much. She is a great missionary and we get along so well. It's such a blessing to be serving with her. 

This week we had interviews with President and Sister Choi. They are such good people. I'm so blessed to be serving under them. I can't believe how quickly time goes by. President Choi told me I don't have very long left and then gave me some good advice. It's just so crazy. I still remember the first interview I had with him when I was so new. It was even in the same room. (Since I've been in the Seattle zone pretty much my whole mission) I'm really grateful for the things I've learned from him and Sister Choi. They're great examples. Sister Choi is so humble and kind. 

This week we dropped off Hermana DeAgostini at the airport. She went home part way through the transfer to go to school. I will miss her. It's so weird to have these missionaries that I look up to leaving. Time really is winding down. That scares me a bit. 

Brandon is doing awesome. Keep praying for him, please. Because we go on so many exchanges I've missed about half of the teaching appointments we've had. I'm really sad about that. But, "sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven," right? He came to mutual last week and bore his testimony about how he's seen a difference in his life since he started praying. So cool! 

Speaking of prayer, we are working with this part member family. The situation is really sad, but there's a 12 year old girl named Rosita who w'eve taught a few times. We really wanted to do something fun with her and get her to open up more so we planned a game at the YW President's house. It was a fun evening and then we talked about prayer. Sister Churchill (YW president) called us that night and said that on the way home Rosita opened up to her and told her how she used to not believe in God but because of our lessons she does now and she's going to pray. When we heard this Sister Nelson and I were just beaming. I know that God loves Rosita so much and that she's so important to Him and I feel so blessed to be able to see her change and believe. This gospel is truly just so amazing. It changes lives. 

This weekend Jayden and Derrick are being baptized. They're two less active families that I've been working with since I've been here. They're both eight, Derrick is almost nine. But I'm so happy for them. Jayden's family has been coming back to church. It's so cool to see the change that's happened for both of these families. They're happier. Attending church each week is so important. God asks us to do it because He knows it will give us strength and make us happy. I'll send photos next week. I just love these boys. So exciting! 

Thank you for the package. Exciting news. We are now officially allowed to listen to Hymns plus anything sung by Mormon Tabernacle Choir. So now I'll get to listen to all those CDs you've sent me. So exciting! Hey, you're reading PMG, right? Will you send me your insights? Study out of it everyday. Elder Ballard has asked all of us (missionaries and members) to study it. Share what you learned with me, please! I don't have a ton of time left and so I'm asking that each of you read PMG everyday and send me something that you learned from that week. It doesn't have to be long, but I know that if our whole family is reading from the Book of Mormon and PMG everyday that we'll be so blessed. So will you do it? Blessings await! 

Sorry this is so long. I didn't receive very many emails this week so I had a lot longer than usual to write. Sorry if it's boring. Love you lots! This gospel is so good! I love it! I love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and they love us. CTR! 

Love,
Sister Veronica White

No comments:

Post a Comment