Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Manuia Le Kerisimasi!

Talofa family! Next P day isn't until Christmas so this'll be the last email to you before I get to talk to you on the phone. I'm excited. It'll be great. This week I hit my six month mark in the field. I only have one year left. Oh. My. So I can't eat fried chicken anymore. My body is rejecting it. I have eaten SO MUCH fried chicken in the last six months that I've been in the Samoan ward. I don't mean to sound ungrateful because I love the ward and their willingness to feed us and I know that's how they show their appreciation. But I just can't take much more of it. I've probably consumed 100 chickens. Ok, so that's dramatic. But in the last week I had fried chicken four nights in a row. I was gagging. I was contemplating ways on moving the chicken to my companion's plate but they were watching me the whole time. So I did my best. Heavenly Father definitely helped me because it was making me gag but somehow I still was able to get it down. Ugh.
But anyway, on to more important things. We had our mission Christmas party this last week. Half of the mission got together. It was so much fun. I really love all these missionaries. There are so many incredible examples. They did a nativity like we do every year so that was nice. It was funny. Elder Bailey--pretty much the only black kid we have in the mission played Samuel the Lamanite. I played the piano for an unexpected musical number that night. Luckily it was a song that I kind of already knew. I always end up playing for Zone Meetings and stuff but I promise they always pick hymns that I don't know so then I butcher my way through it. I should have practiced hymns more before my mission.
So last week I told you that Marcus and Ariana moved. They're meeting with missionaries up in Bellevue so Ariana will still be able to baptized. I'm just sad I didn't get to see it all the way through. But that's ok. I'm at least glad I got to work with them for a little while. They're great. For real, though. Everyone is moving! It's ridiculous. Even a referral we just got just moved. I don't know what's going on.
Do you remember me telling you about Nani last week? She was wonderful. Well on Tuesday night Mina went to go pick her up for mutual and she said that she wasn't allowed to go. She's not allowed to meet with us anymore. Her grandma hates Mormons. She wrote us a letter. It broke my heart. I'll just write some of what it said: Dear Sisters, Fuifui, and Mina, I am terribly sorry I can't see or come to your church any more. It is because my grandma does not like "Mormons" But I told her that it's the same thing as Christians but she continued to say no it's not and talk bad about it. She had asked me why did I like your church so much... I told her because when I am there with you girls I feel the loving energy I have never felt before. Last night you girls made me smile and laugh and made me felt like I actually belong. What breaks my heart is that my grandma is taking my happiness away. One thing she won't take away is my memories and prayers I have with you girls..." Is that not the most heartbreaking thing you've ever read? She really felt the Spirit. I love her so much! I know that when the time is right she'll be able to be baptized. It just makes me so sad that it isn't right now. She's had such a hard life and been through so much. I hope she's ok. We just have to trust in the Lord's timing of things. It can be really hard sometimes but He knows what He's doing, that's for sure.
We got to go to the temple today. It was lovely! Go to the temple. You feel the Spirit so strongly there. It's the best place ever.
We're moving into the other apartment this week. Apparently the elders left it pretty trashed. So we'll be doing lots of cleaning. Yay. It's all good, though. It'll be an adventure.
Well, Merry Christmas! Love you all. Hope you're all doing well. Choose the right and remember everything that Jesus Christ has done for us. Always turn to Him. He's the best ever. Love you!
Love,
Sister Veronica White

No comments:

Post a Comment