Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Year!

 
I bought myself a chocolate orange to stick to tradition. But actually it was one that had almonds and it wasn't very good. Oh well.
 During exchanges Sister Nudd and Sister Whetten made snow men and put them in our freezer.
 
Christmas morning. Sister Whetten bought me a bunch of little dollar store gifts for Christmas. One of the things she got me was a fake snake and she hides it around the apartment. It's really scary.
Her Mom made her this stocking. And then while we were cleaning out the elders apartment we found this stocking. So I got to be the elder.
 
 Scary glasses she got me.
 
Look at what I made for breakfast Christmas morning!
 I did a bunch of baking on Christmas and I sort of wilted the spatula that we have.
Christmas with the Etes. Oh, how I love that family! They are so great.
 
 
Sister Whetten, me, and Fuifui.
 We made fry bread one night for fafaga with the Taoipu family. It was so much fun.
 More fry bread pictures.
 
 
I LOVE Fuifui so much!
 Sister Whetten and me on Christmas!
 I love Sala so much.
 
Talofa family!
This was a great week. first of all it was so, so good to get to talk to you all on Christmas. Oh my goodness. I love you all so much! Second of all. What the heck happened to Joe's voice. He's become a little man. Third of all, thanks so much for the Christmas package! I loved, loved, loved all the letters. They made me so happy. And the scarf is great. So cute. Delicious fudge too. We had to give some of it away to elders because we were getting sick, but it is so good, thanks!
So I've become the ultimate Samoan stalker. I am so good at it, it amazes me. In the last week or so I've followed over three Samoans home and gotten their addresses. So yay for new Samoans! I kind of freak myself out with how good I've gotten at sensing them out and following them with just the right amount of distance so that hopefully they don't realize that I'm following. And I'm more familiar with the area now so I can go on back roads and come back to where they are.
So something gross. We have roaches in our apratment. They sprayed it but we still have them. We talked to the manager and she said they'd spray again, but gross, huh? Oh well. All is well.
We have a new investigator! His name is Jubi. We actually found him by following him home. We met him yesterday and he's so ready for the gospel. He's 24 years old and was so sincere. He was asking us questions about Joseph Smith and I shared the first vision with him. He said that he felt really good when I was talking about it and that he wants to learn more. He's really excited about reading the Book of Mormon. We left him 3 Nephi 11 to read and he asked us if he had to stop there or if he could keep reading. Oh my! I just love him so much! He's so prepared. He's on date for baptism and we're going to have another lesson with him soon at the church so we can actually be inside. This all happened on his doorstep. So it'll be amazing to have a lesson inside where it's more quiet and where he can feel the Spirit even more.
Cool experience. As I was sharing the First Vision it just touched me so deeply. I've shared it before and each time I feel the Spirit but this time there was just something so special about it. I have no doubt in my mind that Joseph Smith did indeed see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. And that he was called to be a prophet of God. He restored this church and I'm so grateful for all the sacrifices that he went through so that this gospel could be restored. I'm so grateful to have the gospel in my life. I love it so much! The gospel is true!
Things are great over here. There are miracles every day. The Lord really loves all of us so much. The gospel is true. Christ lives and the Atonement is real. Life is good! Missions are the best. Heavenly Father wants us to be happy. The Book of Mormon is true and I love it!
I love all of you so much. Thanks for everything that you do for me. Kick Satan in the teeth!
Love,
Sister Veronica White

No comments:

Post a Comment