Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Transfer 10

Hello Family.

So here comes transfer number ten. I'm so old! Before we get to that, though, I want to give you a highlight of my week. So I wasn't in the Burien ward this last week. I was in the Tongan ward. More Poly food and Chinese buffets I thought I was through with those things but apparently Heavenly Father thought otherwise. This week we were covering the Myers Way ward and then the Burien ward for set appointments because Sister Dobbins and Sister Smalley were stuck inside. It was a bit exhausting, to say the least. But all is well. I survived. This last transfer was crazy with so many exchanges and things. We figured out that I was actually with SIster Nudd 51% of the time. So I was with her more than I was with Sister Dobbins. Last transfer was hard. Probably some of the hardest six weeks of my life. So much was unknown. Being a Sister Training Leader is so much harder than I ever thought it would be. But I have also learned so much. I know that this church is true. We have the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ once again restored to the earth. And we are so blessed to know about it! I know that God is real. He is our Heavenly Father. He loves and cares for us as a perfect Father would. He is aware of the challenges that we go through and and that those around us go through. He places people in our lives to help us and sometimes we are the people that help those around us. I know with all of my heart that The Book of Mormon is the word of God. I love it. The reason God has commanded us to read it everyday is because it blesses our lives and gives us the strength we need to overcome the obstacles and trials in our day to day lives. Please read your scriptures everyday! 

We had the most amazing lesson with a lady named Jina. She is a referral from the Hermanas for the Burien ward. Sister Nudd and I met with her last week and we watched the Because of Him video. We found out she's actually met with missionaries when she was a teenager (she is now a young 20 something mother) and really loved the church but because of her Mom and opposition she had to stop meeting with the missionaries. She has attended other churches since then and she feels that they're just too flashy and that something is missing. The Spirit was so strong and we have a church tour scheduled for tomorrow. I am just so very excited! She is incredible! I love her. When we were leaving her little daughter she started crying because she didn't want us to go. It was just about the cutest thing ever. 

Anyway, so I am here back in Burien for another transfer. I get to kill Sister Dobbins off! I'm really excited about that. I'm so happy we get another transfer together. Especially because last transfer was just so crazy. We are in a trio right now with Sister Smalley. Please keep all of us in your prayers. I love you all!


Read your scriptures. Keep the commandments. CTR!


Love,
Sister Veronica White

No comments:

Post a Comment